The Oneida County Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) is a financing program established to provide loans to business relocating to or currently located in Oneida County. Oneida County’s RLF was established to provide a means for businesses to obtain financing, which will in turn promote economic development, provide jobs, increase incomes and expand the local tax base. Funds from the program are repaid to the Oneida County Economic Development Corporation, which are then available to lend to new prospects to continue to support economic development activitiesin Oneida County. For access to a complete copy of the Oneida County Revolving Loan Manual, click here.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any type of business, industrial or commercial, located in or relocating to Oneida County is eligible. Applicants must demonstrate that the loan monies will create or maintain jobs in Oneida County. Preference will be given to businesses that maintain or create basic jobs.
Subject to certain restrictions, program loans shall be available to eligible applicants for the following activities:
- Acquisition of land, buildings, and fixed equipment;
- Site preparation, the construction or reconstruction of buildings, and the installation of fixed equipment;
- Clearance, demolition or the removal of structures or the rehabilitation of buildings;
- Payment of assessments if the provision of the facilities will create or retain jobs;
- Working capital (Inventory and direct labor costs only)
To be eligible for funding, a project must meet the following minimum requirements
- Private Funds Leveraged - A minimum of one dollar ($1.00) of private equity for every dollar ($1.00) of loan funds requested.
- Financial Feasibility - Applicant must demonstrate the proposed project is viable and the business will have the economic ability to repay the loan.
- Low to Moderate Income Benefits - Of the jobs that are created or retained, at least 51 percent of the jobs shall be made available to low to moderate income persons.
- Project completion - Projects and job creation shall be completed within 24 months and jobs must be maintained for 24 months.
Prior to submitting an application, interested business should meet with the OCEDC executive director to discuss the project and the complete RLF process. Click here for the RLF application.
- Applications are accepted any time during the calendar year.
- Completed applications and supporting information should be submitted to OCEDC for review.
- When acceptable, the application is forwarded to RLF Committee for review. The RLF Committee makes funding recommendations to the Oneida County Finance Committee for final approval of the RLF.
- Upon approval of the loan by the Finance Committee, all the necessary loan documentation will be processed and a loan closing date will be scheduled.
- Businesses are required to maintain detailed records for OCEDC’s review and inspection throughout the life of the loan.
OTHER FINANCING OPTIONS
North Central Wisconsin Development Corporation manages the Regional Revolving Loan Fund and the Community Development Loan Fund.
Regional Revolving Loan Fund (RRLF) & Community Development Loan Fund
These funds provide gap financing to area businesses. A gap is the difference between what a private lender is willing to lend, and what a borrower needs. Typically, RRLF money is long-term, has low down payments, and carries lower interest rates than traditional private financing. RRLF's do not compete with banks for projects, but rather complement them and other programs in a total financial structure.